My pastor announced impending his retirement today

ALAYMAN

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
My pastor announced today in church that he would be retiring in September. There will be a lot of decisions that need to be made. Please pray for him in this new chapter of his life, as well as our church as we go through the process of seeking a new pastor.

Are you thinking about trying to become a pastor, Alay? It might be right...then again, it might not be. I'll be praying for your pastor and your church during this time of transition.

Are you thinking about trying to become a pastor, Alay? It might be right...then again, it might not be. I'll be praying for your pastor and your church during this time of transition.
Thanks to all for your prayers. 20 years ago I headed up a pulpit committee process which ended with the most wonderful pastor a person could ask for in the pulpit. I’m sure God will lead and supply his man again.

Joe, I prayed and meditated upon this for a quite some time once the pastor revealed his intentions to me in February. I believe he thought that my choice would be to step in and take over if the church accepted that decision to present as a candidate, but after considering many factors, I just don’t believe at this time that I can satisfactorily carry out the duties of a senior pastor, particularly with the demanding duties of caregiving for my mother, who has dementia. So I will assist in the search process and continue my assistant pastor duties, with the possibility as serving as interim in the event we don’t fill the position before the pastor officially retires. God is good, and will provide what our church needs, in His time.😊

Last edited:
Brother, you'd be a great pastor. I don't know if you have an annoying, high pitched, girlie voice, but your exegesis is solid and your attitude is patient and biblical. Just my opinion. The voice thing was a joke.

Brother, you'd be a great pastor. I don't know if you have an annoying, high pitched, girlie voice, but your exegesis is solid and your attitude is patient and biblical. Just my opinion. The voice thing was a joke.
Thanks for the kind, encouraging words.

And for the record, I resent the squeaky-voiced preacher crack….I don’t have the girly voice when I’m preaching…..I only get that high-pitched voice when ALAYWIFE is henpecking me!